There are four kingdoms known in the world of Remnant. Vale from the North, known as the strongest of military powers. Vacuo to the west, city of the sand and sun. To the east, lies Mistral that rough and piratical land. And of course, Vale which stands in the midst of the three and of which so many stories had filtered through. It is the fifth land however, that I would speak to you today of.
Glaurung; The nation of Dragons and the Huntsman and Huntress school known as Valhalla. It is a mountainous region of snow, ice and pine. Its school recently open and with no great victories beneath its belt. Led by Headmaster Kringle and his crew, they have carved out a kingdom in this land borne from a single colony, which today is known as Erebor, or more commonly 'The Mountain'.
The Mountain is the capital of Glaurung and a kingdom powerful in and of itself. Originally settled by mercenaries and their families, it became a handy place for ships to stop over for supplies, trade becoming common before it eventually burst as cities are wont to do, once they start. Today, the Mountain combines pragmatic defenses and old-style looks with modernity and technology, aided in part by S.A.U.R.O.N. corp. which has chosen to make the Mountain its base of operations.
Using natural caverns and digging equipment, the Mountain was hollowed out to form what was meant to be an impregnable defense against Grimm, using the natural resources to fight them. In doing so, dust was discovered and so the new kingdom profited, the resource lessening their need to import dust from the Schnee corp. which held a monopoly until now. Within the Mountain, there are several distinct locations and districts in which a traveler might meet.
- The Gate -The main entrance to the Mountain, leading to the Hub. In times of danger, heavy doors can come down and seal off all attempts to penetrate the mountain.
- The Hub - The main place of trade and import in the Mountain and the first spot for travelers.
- Goblin Town - The lower levels closer to the Mines. Its a poor neighborhood as well as a mostly-faunus area.
- S.A.U.R.O.N. Corp. district - An entire district dedicated to S.A.U.R.O.N. and their works. Upperclass district, watched over by an automated security system known as the Eye.
- The Mines - The main source of revenue for Erebor, located at the base of the mountain.